EquiFest 2012 presents… Battle of the Breeds
Join a multitude of horse and rider teams as they vie for the title of Champion of Equifest 2012 Battle of the Breeds, February 10 -12 at the Kansas Pavilions in Wichita.
All breeds are invited to compete. One horse/one rider work as a team exhibiting in a variety of competitions with the team’s highest five scores to count toward the Championship. Limited to 20 teams, no more than 3 of any one breed.
Six classes to be placed, cumulative high score will be the winner. Each class will be pinned, but the glory and the bragging rights will go to the Champion and Reserve Champion, to be presented with awards Sunday afternoon.
1) English Pleasure: Rail class to exhibit 3 gaits demonstrating a mount suitable for English riding. May be shown in hunt, sidesaddle or saddleseat with appropriate attire to match. Judged to breed standards for Hunter Under Saddle or English Pleasure.
2)Gambler’s Choice Jumping: Team has 90 seconds to cleanly jump as many obstacles, ranging from 1 ft crossrails to 3ft fences, as they wish. Each jump will be worth from 10-100 points. Judging criteria is solely based on clearing the jumps, not on form. No single fence may be jumped more than three times.
3) Stock Horse Pattern: Team will complete individual work showing leads, stops, backing, spins and rollbacks. Emphasis on correctness of maneuvers, willingness of horse, technical skill and teamwork. Pattern to be posted.
4) Western Speed Event: Each team to compete in a timed race against a stopwatch. Five second penalty for any barrel knocked over. Fastest time wins. Pattern to be posted.
5) Driving. Class to be shown on the rail at a walk, park and road gait to a suitable two or four wheeled cart. Individual maneuvers will then be demonstrated illustrating agility, manners and training.
6) Trail Class: Obstacle course designed to test the trust, training and skill of the team. Type of tack and attire at the option of the rider.
Scoring: Classes will be scored based on the number of entrants. For example, 20 teams, first receives 20 points, second 19 points, down to 20th place receiving 1 point. Each of the six classes will be pinned. The cumulative totals of the top two competitors will determine the Champion and Reserve Champion teams of the Battle of the Breeds!
Come Strut Your Stuff at the 2012 Battle of the Breeds!